I’m pleased to announce that Chandler Vaughn has recently joined Hostway|HOSTING as our new Chief Product and Technology Officer (CPTO). Chandler comes to us following a long line of successes in the managed hosting, cloud and SaaS markets, most recently serving as the CPTO for FATHOM, a tech-enabled managed services and SaaS startup focused on IoT and big data solutions. He has also successfully led product and technology groups for Codero Hosting, SunGard Availability Services, Rackspace Managed Hosting, and Rackspace Cloud.
Chandler brings a wealth of experience to Hostway|HOSTING. I’ve personally had the distinct honor of working with him for the last twelve years. During his career, he’s launched:
- An IoT and big data platform that can manage troves of real-time analytical and billing data
- An on-demand hybrid cloud that allows fully automated, scalable, and automatic provisioning and inter-networking of cloud and dedicated hosting software
- The first recovery cloud and recovery automation platform for enterprise, state, local, and municipal markets
Chandler was also integral in helping me launch, form, and grow Rackspace Cloud from its inception, eventually molding it into a recognized leader in cloud, and he served as a seminal leader to the eventual formation of OpenStack. Additionally, Chandler is named as an inventor on several patents for:
- Distributed block storage and distributed computing
- Hybrid and multi-networking cloud architectures
- Cloud automation
Chandler’s role will include the development and execution of Hostway|HOSTING’s product roadmap, and he’ll be setting the corporate technology strategy for the company. I welcome Chandler to the Hostway|HOSTING family, and look forward to his contributions in leading our M&C product development activities and overseeing the various technical aspects of the company. With Chandler’s strong leadership, vision, and customer focus, our product portfolio will evolve to become even more compelling for the companies we serve.