This week, many of our customers are working with Open-Xchange’s App Suite for the first time. Along with this introductory video and our upcoming live product demonstration, we’d like to provide you five quick tips for getting your feet underneath you on your new email and collaboration tool.
Setup Your Email on OX App Suite:
Getting started is simple.
- Log into your SiteControl Account
- Click on “Setup and Manage Email”
- Click on the green button “Create Email Address”
- Follow the steps and click the button “Create Email Address”
- Click on “Inbox” next to the Email Address you’d like to start using
- You will be prompted to setup your Password Recovery Options
- Start using your new email account
Did you know? You can access your email by simply typing https://webmail.hostway.com/appsuite/signin into your browser.
Customize Your Portal:
Get a single view of all of your important emails, appointments, social media profiles and more.
- To add a Twitter feed, click the “Portal” tab, then select “Click here to add your account link”
- Follow the instructions on that page to view and manage these feeds from your Portal
- Add additional online media by clicking on “Add Widget” and selecting from the options in the dropdown box
- To customize the appearance of your Portal, you can drag and drop the widgets to rearrange them. Click “Customize this page” to change color settings and perform other changes
Did you know? You can access your email real-time on your smartphone with Active Sync. Active Sync is included in the “Sync” and “Collaborate” packages. You can upgrade to the Collaborate package within SiteControl.
Composing an Email:
Nothing complicated about sending messages here.
- Click the “Mail” tab
- Click “Compose” to open a new email
- Add the recipient addresses. You can copy or blind copy recipients by clicking and adding the email addresses
- Add an attachment by either clicking “Add Attachment” or dragging files to the blue box
Did you know? You can add manage all of your email accounts from one convenient location. When logged into your email, click “Add mail account” under the “Mail” tab, then add the new email address and your password and click “Add” to include it with your OX account.
Add Your Signature:
Give your outgoing emails a professional look.
- Click the gear icon at the top right of your screen, then click “Settings” in the dropdown box
- On the left side, select “Mail”
- Scroll down to the section called “Signatures” and select “Add new signature”
- Type a name for your signature in the “Signature name” box
- Type in the signature that you’d like to display in your outgoing emails
- Choose the position where you’d like your signature to be displayed, then click “Save”
Did you know? You can add contacts from LinkedIn and many other applications. Click the “Address Book” tab, right-click “Contacts” and select “New Subscription,” then select a source for importing contacts. Follow the instructions, then click “Subscribe” to add a new folder for those contacts.
Locate Past Email via Search Function:
Never lose track of those crucial communications.
- Click the magnifying glass symbol in the right corner
- Type your search term in the “Search” box
- Select which section of App Suite you’d like to search within
- Then select the appropriate folder you’d like to search within
Did you know? You can add calendars from Google and other applications. Manage your meetings and events in one place. Click the “Calendar” tab, right-click on “Calendar” and pick “New Subscription” to select an imported calendar source. Follow the instructions, then click “Subscribe” to see both your work and personal calendars in the same place.
Stay tuned for our next five tips as we move beyond the basics of OX App Suite.