Hostway HIPAA-Compliant Cloud Solutions Deliver Flexibility and Peace of Mind
Software companies, healthcare providers, and other covered entities can realize significant efficiency and operational improvements by leveraging the cloud. The challenge is properly architecting a HIPAA-compliant solution that protects confidential data such as Electronic Health Records (EHR) or Electronic Medical Records (EMR). This is where Hostway’s array of compliant hosting solutions comes in!
Hostway is a HIPAA-compliant cloud hosting provider – offering a range of BAA-backed and 3rd Party reviewed HIPAA solutions. Our cloud hosting solutions include a Microsoft-based HIPAA-compliant platform that offers a more complete healthcare feature set than competitive offerings with an industry leading 15-minute Security Incident Response Plan.
The Hostway Difference
Highly trained and experienced cloud hosting solution architects will help you design, build and manage your HIPAA-compliant solution 24×7.
- Compliant solutions reviewed and attested by 3rd Party compliance firms
- Quarterly Security and Compliance Training for all Hostway staff
- Microsoft Premier Partner and Gold Cloud Platform Competency ensures rapid issue resolution and remediation
BAA-backed, HIPAA-compliant cloud hosting solutions incorporating best-in-class technology and configured for the needs of your business.
- Choice of traditional managed servers, Private Cloud, or a hybrid solution optimized for DR and platform resiliency
- Clusters can be increased in size in less than 3 days
24×7×365 Peace of Mind
Hostway is a HIPAA-certified service provider, providing 24×7×365 monitoring including vulnerability scanning, log collection, storage and threat response.
- Monitoring and remediation with vulnerability scanning, log collection, storage and threat response
- 15 Minute Security Incident Response (SIR) Service Level Agreement (SLA)
- Available Dedicated Technical Account Manager
Comprehensive Hostway HIPAA-Compliant Solutions
Hostway offers HIPAA-compliant cloud hosting solutions based on managed dedicated servers or private cloud. Regardless of which solution you select, you can be assured that you are protecting your clients’ protected healthcare information and your business.
Managed Dedicated ServersSingle-tenant servers provide cost-effective compute and protection of ePHI data and business critical IT assets
Primary Use Cases
Maximum hardware and software configurability
Ideal for less complex workloads (ie. Database Hosting, Archival, etc)
Dedicated security appliance on top of dedicated compliant stack
Managed Private CloudMicrosoft Hyper-V private cloud configured in a high-availability (HA) cluster provides rapid scalability with virtual machines
Primary Use Cases
Familiar toolsets and API for easy resource management. Predictable billing, performance, and uptime with dedicated, isolated clusters.
Ideal for highly scalable HIPAA-compliant SaaS platforms, virtual desktop (VDI) environments, and compute-intensive applications (EHR, EMR, back office)
Security solution installed on the hypervisor, for agentless security management with easy to use security templates for Virtual Firewall, Intrusion Detection, Anti-Virus and Log Management
Both Solutions Include:
- Intrusion Detection Services: Internal & External Vulnerability scanning, real time intrusion detection, alerting & remediation
- Managed Firewall Services: Whitelisting, Blacklisting, Site-to-Site VPN, Redundancy
- Log Management Services: Virtualized Log Collection Appliances configuration, alerting and 12 months archival, monthly log reviews
- Hardware Security: Anti-virus protection and updates, hardened servers, Software Layer Encryption
- 100% data Encryption: Safeguard your ePHI data
- Premier Support: 24×7 access to HIPAA-trained IT staff with 30 minute response time guarantee, and quarterly security reviews
- Patch management: Stay up to date on supported operating systems (Windows 2016, Debian)
- Management Portal: Centralized, easy to use Hostway management portal with customized reporting
- Redundant Network, Power & Cooling with 100% up-time guarantee
- Compliant & Audited: SSAE16, SOC 2 Type II Datacenters, HIPAA AOC, Audit Assistance
- Internal and External Annual Penetration Testing
Hostway HIPAA-Compliant Solutions
Hostway’s HIPAA-compliant solution bundles address all three facets of HIPAA Compliance – providing administrative, physical and technical safeguards. We offer a combination of leading managed services tied with best in class compliant solutions, proven onboarding plans and competitive pricing which makes HIPAA compliance a no-brainer.
- Security Management Process
- Workforce Security
- Information Access Mgmt.
- Security Awareness/Training
- Security Incident Process/ Procedures
- Contingency Plan
- Business Associate Contracts
- Assigned Security Responsibility
- Facility Access Controls
- Workstation Use and Workstation Security
- Device and Media Controls
- Access & Audit Control
- Data Integrity
- Person/Entity Authentication
- Data Transmission Security
Learn More about HIPAA Compliance
Protecting Patient Information with HIPAA Compliant Hosting
HIPAA and HITECH have created a number of new requirements for health care providers looking to leverage the cloud. This whitepaper explores how HIPAA and HITECH affect the relationship between covered entity and hosting provider.
Simplified Guide to HIPAA Compliance
Any organization that deals with protected health information (PHI) must ensure it has the appropriate security measures in place to meet HIPAA compliance requirements.
Customers Trust Hostway with Their HIPAA-Compliant Solutions
” We’ve been a happy Hostway customer for more than a decade. As our hosting demands have evolved, Hostway has always exceeded our expectations. And when our privacy and security requirements increased, Hostway was there to implement an excellent HIPAA-compliant hosting solution. ”
” Hostway was unbelievably helpful when I was looking for a hosting company that provided a HIPAA compliant cloud hosting solution. Since this was the first time I was looking for a HIPAA compliant server, I had a lot of questions and needed to be 100% confident in the provider. ”